Kanatal is one of the less explored and underrated, but worthy, places located in the pleasing state of Uttarakhand. So ditch the city life for 3 days and visit Kanatal.
The natural beauty of Kanatal, its picture-perfect scenes, and breathtaking valleys will not only purify your lungs but your mind too. So, take a small break from your busy life and go to Kanatal with your family for 3 days to explore the charming valleys.
In this Kanatal travel guide, we will guide you through the places that you can visit, thrilling activities, hotels in Kanatal, and many more.
Kanatal is a small village located at an altitude of 8,500 feet above sea level in the Garhwal district of the Himalayas. It is the perfect and mesmerizing place for anyone who wishes to escape the busy and hustling life and get some fresh air.
Kanatal is covered with dense pine forests and breathtaking shallow valleys, which make this place ideal for rejuvenating vacations. So, pack your bags and get ready to explore 3 days in Kanatal.
How To Reach Kanatal Via Road?
We would highly recommend you take a road trip to Kanatal. This way, you can enjoy the picturesque views of mountains, breathtaking valleys, and rivers.
Kanatal is well-connected by roads, and going there by road would be the best thing to do. Check out the ways in which you can have the unforgettable experience of your life.
From Delhi To Kanatal
If you are coming from any other state or Delhi, then either take your own car or rent one. Otherwise, you can take any private or state-run buses that travel from Delhi to Dehradun.
By car, it will take just 7-8 hours to reach Kanatal. So, you have to take the NH44 (Delhi-Dehradun Highway).
From Dehradun To Kanatal
Kanatal is just 78 kilometers away from Dehradun, which will take approximately 3-4 hours to reach. To reach there, you can rent a car or drive yourself with your family to spend 3 days in Kanatal.
You can take the local buses that run from Dehradun to Mussoorie/Dhanaulti. And from there, take a bus or hire a taxi to reach Kanatal.
Day 1: Local Exploration
In this Kanatal travel guide, we will lead you through so that you can have the best and most unforgettable experience with your family.
Morning In Kanatal
- Start your journey in the early morning to reach Kanatal so that you can enjoy the rest of the day. After reaching, take a hotel in Kanatal, resort, or homestay.
Afternoon In Kanatal
- After freshening up, you can try some Garhwali delicacies, like Phaanu (a lentil-based dish), Kafuli (curry made with leafy vegetables and yogurt), Aloo ke Gutke, or Chainsoo (curry made from black gram lentils).
- By afternoon, visit Surkanda Devi Temple, dedicated to Goddess Parvati. Breathtaking and panoramic views around the temple will blow your mind.
- Then visit the Tehri Dam, one of the tallest hydroelectric projects in India. You can take a boat there with your family to enjoy the serene scenes on the water.
Evening In Kanatal
- Reach the hotel by 7-8 pm, then have a splendid dinner with some local cuisine to relish your taste buds.
- Set up a bonfire with the help of the locals or staff of the hotels in Kanatal. Then sit around with your family and discuss the day, or you can simply enjoy stargazing.
Day 2: Trekking And Adventures
Start your second day of 3 days in Kanatal with less local exploration and more adventure and nature exploration. So, read this Kanatal travel guide to see what we can do on our second day.
- Try to wake up early to experience the most surreal sunrises of your life. Because the Himalayas offer the best sunrises with different shades of sky color.
- Start your adventurous day by going for a short hike to Kodia Jungle to enjoy the solitude. The dense forest will provide you with some fresh oxygen to enlighten your mood. Along with it, you can spot many wildlife and bird species and a wide variety of trees.
- Then do some thrilling activities, like rock climbing, valley crossing, rappelling, or zip-lining in the area. This will be one of your most spine chilling experiences.
- You will definitely be hungry after doing a lot of activities, so take an appetizing meal at the hotels in Kanatal.
- Then get ready to visit the Surkanda Devi Wildlife Sanctuary. On your trip for 3 days in Kanatal, your children will be very excited and thrilled in the sanctuary.
- Return to your accommodation and have a delicious dinner. You can either sit back in your hotels in Kanatal to enjoy the scenic views of the nightlife.
- Take rest and gear up for the next day’s expeditions.
Day 3: Site Visiting
On the last day of our trip, we will explore the rest of the places left in Kanatal. Read this Kanatal travel guide to know more.
- You can either check out of the hotel or keep your luggage in the accommodations and then go sightseeing.
- You can go paragliding and fly like a bird between the mountains while enjoying the panoramic views. Professional instructors will help you out and ensure your safety.
- Then go straight ahead to Tehri Lake to enjoy some water sports like kayaking, jet skiing, and banana boat rides. Also, as you know, water sports are the best for children to enjoy.
- Then, have a delightful lunch. After completing exploring Kanatal, you can move to Dhanaulti, which is just a few kilometers away. In Glamwood Dhanaulti Hotels, you can visit the Eco Park. Otherwise, you can indulge yourself in many other activities, like trekking or flying fox, to spend the rest of the day.
- At the end of the day, bid farewell to Kanatal, collecting all your memories or experiences from the trip. This is how your short road trip of 3 days in Kanatal with family came to an end.
Staying Options In Kanatal
Finding resorts, homestays, or hotels in Kanatal is not a difficult job. You can easily afford any accommodation options according to your convenience for 3 days in Kanatal.
Staying in homestays would be the best thing to do. By opting for this option, you can explore the locals and local cuisines in a more easy way. Therefore, you can easily get a homestay in Kanatal.
If you have a tight-budget for the trip, then you can opt for either guesthouses or hotels in Kanatal. They provide clean rooms, basic amenities, and good food on a budget.
If you wish to relax in the midst of nature, then go for luxury resorts with spa facilities, spacious rooms, and bathtubs on balconies to enjoy the view. You can have the best time at these resorts in Kanatal.
How Many Days Are Sufficient For Kanatal?
2-3 days are enough to explore and visit the entire Kanatal.
Why Is Kanatal Famous?
Kanatal is famous for offering scenic and breathtaking views of the mountains, valleys, and nature.
What Are The Best Places To Visit Kanatal?
Some of the best places to visit in Kanatal are Surkanda Devi Temple, Tehri Dam, Kodia Jungle, and Tehri Lake.
Name some Popular Adventure Activities In Kanatal?
The adventurous activities include rock climbing, trekking, camping, and paragliding.