Summer has arrived, and holidays at school and colleges are starting, so take a short break this weekend. But ditch Manali, Mussoorie, and other famous hill stations; this time take a short family trip to the serene hill stations of Kanatal.
All the famous hill stations will be flooded with tourists, which will restrict your opportunity to enjoy the view and feel nature. That’s why take a short trip of 2 days in Kanatal with family and enjoy!
Kanatal is a perfectly picturesque destination located at a distance of 78 kilometers from Dehradun. Go through the Kanatal travel guide further to know the places you can visit, activities you can do, and the best hotels and resorts in Kanatal.
How To Reach Kanatal By Flight, Train, And Road?
You can reach this beautiful and heaven-like place in many ways. You can either opt for a flight, a train, or a beautiful road trip between majestic mountains to start your family vacation in Kanatal.
To Reach Via Flight
The Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the nearest airport to the beautiful landscape of Kanatal. From there, book a taxi to reach Kanatal. Moreover, within just 3-4 hours, you will be in the lap of Kanatal heaven.
To Reach Via Train
Dehradun Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Kanatal, located at a distance of 78 kilometers. From there, you can easily book a taxi or hire a shared cab to reach your destination in more or less 2-3 hours.
You should be glad to know that, as Dehradun is well-connected with other states of India, you won’t face a problem coming via train. So, plan your trip of 2 days in Kanatal fast!
To Reach Via Road
Well, there are many ways in which you can come by road to spend your family vacation in Kanatal. So, let’s get a clearer idea from this Kanatal travel guide:
- From Delhi– You can either simply drive from Delhi or book a cab to start your family trip to Kanatal. Apart from this, you can easily take a private bus or state bus from Kashmiri Gate ISBT, Delhi.
Most people come from Delhi to hill stations to escape the summer and scorching heat. Also, Delhi being the center for people coming from the South, East, and West of India is the best.
- From Dehradun- For your family vacation in Kanatal, you can reach there from Dehradun very easily. It is just a few kilometers away from the town.
So, you can either choose to drive for your family trip of 2 days in Kanatal, book a taxi, or take a bus. It will hardly take 3-4 hours to reach your serene destination, and then take hotels in Kanatal.
Day 1: Exploring Wildlife And Sightseeing
Two days of the trip to Kanatal with family is enough to explore the mesmerizing mountainous landscapes and valleys. Start your first day by exploring nature and local sightseeing.
- Reach Kanatal as early as you can in the morning for 2 days in Kanatal. So, you have the rest of the day to explore.
- Then you can check into the best hotels and resorts in Kanatal and freshen up to start your expedition.
- Start your trip by visiting Surkanda Devi Temple while enjoying its peaceful views of the Himalayas. Also, what can be better than starting your journey by seeking blessings from the Goddess?
- After your long and offbeat trek, have some local cuisine or regular food from the hotels in Kanatal.
- Now gear up yourself for an adventurous trek to Kodia Forest to enjoy the picturesque trails. You will surely be moved by the diverse flora and fauna during this family trip to Kanatal.
- After spending your evening in the serene environment of Kodia Jungle, head towards Tehri Lake. You can enjoy a few activities there with your family, like boating, jet skiing, and banana boat rides.
- While returning, you can enjoy the mesmerizing sunset. There, you will witness the sun setting in the middle of the curves of the Himalayas and the sky filled with many colors.
- Return to your best hotels and resorts in Kanatal to take some rest after a hectic day. Have your dinner and enjoy the amazing Himalayan sky filled with stars from your balcony.
Day 2: Experiencing Thrilling Adventures
Start and end the second day of your family vacation in Kanatal with some thrills and adventures. Follow the Kanatal travel guide to learn more.
- You can witness one of the best sunrise moments of your life from the balcony. Then get ready and have a soothing breakfast at your hotels in Kanatal.
- Start your expedition by visiting the Kanatal Eco Park to enjoy the enchanting and serene views. It offers many exciting activities like walking trails, swings, and a treehouse for your children.
- Now, with the help of this Kanatal travel guide, get engaged in some adrenaline rush activities. You can enjoy adventurous activities like zip-lining, rappelling, and rock climbing.
- You can also go paragliding to get a bird’s view of the mountains, valleys, and rivers. Nothing can be better than enjoying the cold breeze against your face.
- As your 2 days in Kanatal are about to end, gather as many memories as you can to take them back with you. Head towards the Tehri Dam to enjoy the scenic view in the evening.
- It’s your time to say goodbye to this beautiful part of Dev Bhumi, Kanatal. Return home with the memories of the most unforgettable journey with your family.
Accommodations For Kanatal Trip
There are plenty of accommodation options; you can choose either of them during your trip of 2 days in Kanatal. According to your convenience, you can wish to stay in homestays, hotels, or luxury resorts of Kanatal.
You can also check and book the accommodation options beforehand to make your family vacation in Kanatal smooth.
Things To Check Before Your Family Trip To Kanatal
There are certain things that you must check before the start of your trip of 2 days in Kanatal. Here, in this Kanatal Travel Guide, we will help you out.
- If you are going on a mountain trip, then you must check the weather to see if there are any chances of landslides or not.
- Make a different bag for all the important documents for you and your family.
- Check out the best hotels and resorts in Kanatal and book them in advance.
Are Two Days Sufficient For Kanatal?
Yes, two days are enough to explore Kanatal. Stay at the best hotels and resorts in Kanatal to make your journey surreal.
What Is The Best Way To Reach Kanatal?
The best way to reach Kanatal would be via roads where you can enjoy the serene beauty of the mountains.
What Are The Best Accommodation Options In Kanatal?
There are plenty of hotels in Kanatal where you can stay. Also, the land offers homestays and luxury resorts to stay at during your family vacation in Kanatal.
What Are The Main Garhwali Delicacies?
Phaanu, Kafuli, Aloo Ke Gutke, and Chainsoo are some of the best local cuisines that you can enjoy on your family trip to Kanatal.
Are July And August An Appropriate Time To Visit Kanatal?
Yes, July and August are the best times to visit Kanatal. Make a short trip of 2 days in Kanatal this monsoon.
Which Places Can You Cover In 1 Day In Kanatal?
You can cover Surkanda Devi Temple, Kodia Jungle, and Tehri Lake in 1 day at Kanatal.